Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Casting Yourself

...in Hunger Games.

When you read a book, do you picture yourself as the character? And do you have people in mind as your supporting cast? Sometimes when I'm caught up in a book and the MC is super cool (for lack of a more eloquent term - think strong, intelligent, kick ass), I will picture myself as that character.

Just for fun, here was how the cast of Hunger Games looked in my mind as I was reading.

Katniss (this is a much younger me)










GABE (Kevin Durand)











PEETA (Josh Gates - and if you haven't checked out Destination Truth on SciFi on Thursdays, you are missing out!)












PRIM (Emily Osment - I used to babysit her and her brother, Haley, when they were really little. Emily was only two at the time)










HAYMITCH (I think a lot of us pictured him this way)










RUE (Elle Fanning - Another one that I have seen multiple places)















EFFIE (Julia Sweeney)












CINNA (Ian Somerhalder)













PORTIA (Sofia Vergara)












Oh, I almost forgot my mother...










When I read the trilogy, that is who I pictured.

What about you? Did you have specific actors in mind? Did you picture yourself as Katniss?

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read the story you've mentioned, but when I was younger, and still a little bit to this day, I imagined myself as a super hero like Superman or Green Lantern. It's fun to envision yourself as the characters, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pictured a House like character for Finnick lol.
    Your Rue is adorbs too. And that is a perfect Portia!
    Gosh I love who you picture.

    You have an award on my blog as well to claim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do picture actors in the character roles of the stories I read, but I never picture myself. I love your choices. :D

    I've given you an award on my blog site come and get here: http://brenleedrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mother looks just like Blythe Danner...???

    I do this sometimes, but not w/THG. Although my friends insisted my hubs was Peeta (!) Me--maybe... Does that make me a bada** like Katniss? ;p

    You were righton w/Cinna casting. Yes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, never read the Hunger Games, but when I do I'll revisit to see how close I will be to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I never place myself in the books I'm reading. I don't know why; maybe because I get so caught up in the descriptions of the characters in the book, I always end up with mental images that don't look like anybody real (except for GOING BOVINE, which I'm reading now, and in which I would cast Katherine Heigl as Dulcie).

    Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read the book yet but your Cinna is a whole basket of yumminess.
    I stopped by from Brenda'a blog congratulations on your award

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, House is such a perfect Haymitch! I love your cast :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read those books, but I often picture actors for my characters. Right now I'm "using" a young Peter Ustinov for George (my detective), Rupert Graves for his friend Jolyon, and (a bit unsure of this one, but I can't find a better match) Natalie Dormer for George's secretary miss Berryfield.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You babysat Emily Osment? Ooh.
    I've never imagined myself as Katniss..but oh god, Cinna, you've nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always picture unique folks - but I love your choices :)

    ReplyDelete