Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's On YOUR Browser

I'm in the thick of NaNo. Well over 20,000 words in. Almost halfway there. I jumped in with my idea and a short outline. Nothing indepth as I've found in the past that I waste time with an indepth outline that changes and changes and changes again before I'm done. Once I start writing, the story can take me in an entirely different direction and I have to scrap the original outline. Surprisingly, this has kept me pretty close to the original outline.



In looking for a quick recipe I had googled weeks ago, I found the following in my browser:

HOW TO GET OVER RAZOR WIRE

IMPORTANT SKILL SETS FOR REBUILDING SOCIETY

HORTICULTURE

WHAT TO DO IF SOMEONE FAINTS

ESSENTIALS FOR SURVIVAL

SPRINKLES CUPCAKES

I love watching true crime stories and I'm always fascinated by the stories where spouses have Googled the way they kill their other half. I mean, seriously? In this day and age, who doesn't know they have access to your computer and internet search engine? If I'm on that jury and you have Googled "Ways to kill someone and make it look suicide using drugs" and your wife died of a drug overdose when she wasn't depressed? You are so going down, buddy (and apologies to my two public defender besties who are probably spitting their morning coffee at their screen right now).

I wonder what someone would think with those searches? I'm starting my own cult after I break out of prison? But I'm stopping for Sprinkles Cupcakes first. Their cupcake mix is essential for survival.

What about you - what are some of the funny things you have searched?

8 comments:

  1. ha ha my computer never gives me things to laugh at, maybe it hates me.
    Your computer is smart, no matter what you turn out to be in life we all need cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh google... you never let me down with your constant stream of crap, leaving me a sprinkle of something worth reading.

    I think you have created a great story... though I don't recommend starting a cult after breaking out of prison. In fact, I'd probably avoid prison all together (just a thought).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, cupcake mix is definitely essential for survival! I mean, if I broke out of prison, I would be craving some Sprinkles. That's just logical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I saw a show about a preacher who's wife died of an overdose on a drug she wasn't even prescribed and never took and he had googled prescription over-dose like the week or something before! He was such a jerk...smug piece of...well anyway he went to jail cause juries aren't idiots but he was STILL smug! Geez. Anyway

    I hope you looked at how to get over razor wire. (I'm so curious!) You never know when the govt will need you for a super spy mission after all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty funny! Death by cupcakes :p

    I googled swords and axes for a book once, and I still get Spam mail on how to become a better sword fighter...umm, no thanks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! Those cupcakes look delish... nomnomnom....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! This made me laugh. I once Googled "How fast does a guy go bald?" because one my of characters was balding (he isn't anymore, my agent made him grow his hair back, but I digress), and my husband saw it and got all paranoid.

    If anything happened to Steve, I'd be thrown in jail for sure, considering all the serial killer stuff I look up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hah, love this! I think writers proabably have some pretty crazy stuff they've googled. All in the name of research, of course!

    ReplyDelete