Thursday, December 16, 2010

Top Ten Thursday








Starbucks Peppermint Mochas, Christmas Decorations on every block, Wrapping Paper and Ribbons and Bows - oh my!
I am getting in a festive mood! When I wrap presents, I like to put on music.




Tonight as I was wrapping the presents that must go out in the mail tomorrow, here were the Top Ten Songs on my Playlist:


1) What Child Is This? - Harry Connick Jr.'s
2) Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer - Burl Ives
3) Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Amy Grant
4) O Holy Night - Celtic Woman
5) Do You Hear What I Hear - Whitney Houston
6) Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (Don't judge me!)
7) Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
8) You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Boris Karloff (I luv his deeeeeeep voice!)
9) Silent Night - Andy Williams
10) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Celtic Woman
I'm not what anyone would call religious. Not in the least. I'm spiritual, certainly, but I can't tell you the last time I set foot in a church. Maybe my grandfather's funeral? Three years ago. Before that it - grandma's funeral and that was seven years before my grandpa died. I find it a bit amusing that there are so many songs that I would consider "religious" on my list! Go figure.
You can't go wrong with the following for Christmas music: Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Celtic Woman and Amy Grant.







What about you - what are your favorite songs this time of year?

14 comments:

  1. I've always liked Madonna's rendition of "Santa Baby". I also like Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (because it reminds me of the end of one of my favorite movies, LOVE ACTUALLY.

    But my fave Christmas song of all time is "Baby It's Cold Outside". I could actually listen to that one all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is adorbs.
    I have a thing for Carols of The Bell, this time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you steal my playlist? Seriously I love those songs (especially # 3, 4, 5, and 10). :)

    I always had a soft spot for Bing Crosby's White Christmas (both the movie and the song).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire Love Actually soundtrack. Most of the songs aren't Christmas songs, but they all feel like Christmas to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas music and every year it’s a different song that I consider as my favorite. This year, I’m just in love with Johnny Cash’s version of “The Little Drummer Boy”. His voice is so deep and sensual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we heard Burl Ives singing Holly Jolly Christmas this a.m., and it was amazing. :D I'm a sucker for all of it. And watching my kids hear these songs for the first time makes it all new for me. Isn't that fun? :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is my holiday music of choice every year. But for some reason I like the donkey song and the hippopotamus song too. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I played the violin and it was my dream when I was little to play with them. I alos love the David Bowie/Bing Crosby Little Drummer Boy. Plus, the Bare Naked Ladies/Sarah Mclachlan God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I'm a sucker for christmas songs during the holidays- I love to sit at my computer with the music playing softly in the background and the tree all aglow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've listed a TON of my faves - Grinch is definitely at the top of the list as well as the Bowie/Crosby one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny - I have no idea how I forgot Baby It's Cold Outside! What was I thinking? One of the best songs!

    Bee - Carol of the Bells! You kicked off a marathon of listening for me on YouTube with that one!

    Liz - I did! I stole it! ;-)

    Alex - Today feels like a Trans Siberian day! And your book just arrived! I'm so excited to read it after I finish up the one I'm reading now!

    Meredith - I'll have to check out that soundtrack.

    Angelina - That's a good one! I just listened to that. I think it's now The Hubster's new fave.

    Leigh - Holly Jolly Christmas, that is now on the list today. I bet it's so much fun watching your kids discover them!

    Colene - That is funny. Do you listen to them at Christmas time?

    Abby - I hadn't heard that version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I LOVE it!!

    Jemi - The Hubster had never heard the Bowie/Crosby version. I'm glad I did this list so I could play it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohhh, I agree with ALL of Jennifer H.'s picks.
    Baby it's Cold Outside is sublime.

    Have a delightful weekend! :)

    Love and Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny, I'm a TSO fan, too!!!! (Alex) I've been listening to Christmas Canon and A Star To Follow for about two weeks now...

    Almost any version of O Holy Night, and of course, the classics (I actually have a Time Life collection :P)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, that little girl can sing! Amazing. Thanks for sharing that. And haha, I LOVE Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer too! So you're not the only one. It's just way too funny. ;o)

    ReplyDelete