Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Magic Laptop - That's right. The internet isn't enough for me. I want a laptop that magically knows the links I need to research for my books AND I want it to organize them into files that are easy to find. Because it's SUCH a pain to keep up with and I lose soooo much time trying to find that darn link that I know I clicked as a favorite! That one I can never seem to find when I google it again because I'm forgetting a word or adding a word...Yeah, so magic laptop.

2) A personal trainer. Jillian would be nice. No, not really. She scares me. But I would really like one. I want someone to kick my tush daily. I love to workout. I mean, REALLY workout. I love hardcore sweaty workouts. But it's hard when your friends have moved away, you're trying to write books, you have a dog that needs two walks a day (and those aren't exercise because she sniffs more than walks), you have a business to run...so much gets in the way. I cut my workouts short. Or I skip them entirely. But a trainer seems like a luxury. After Christmas, I'll be diving in to my old workouts despite the time restraints. I need them to stay healthy. I need them to stay SANE. And there's no reason that I can't run through chapters or shiny new ideas while I'm working out, right?

3) A vegetable garden!
Wouldn't it be lovely to pull this from your own backyard?

I feel healthier just looking at it! One of my bestfriends started her own garden last year and has done quite well. We just don't have the room for it. Not if we want to allow Lily to have the run of the yard for her playdates. So maybe instead of a vegetable garden, I should wish for a magic yard - like the tents in Harry Potter! It will look like our normal sized yard, but once you step into it...rows and rows and rows of veggies and herbs growing, plus room for the dogs to run and frolic to their hearts content!

What about you? What are your wishes for Wednesday this week?

9 comments:

  1. Haha! I agree, Jillian is scary. But I think I'd do well under Bob. (Okay, maybe that didn't come out right...)

    My Wednesday wish? REAL FOOD! Steve and I started a detox when we got back from Mexico because both of us were feeling so bloated from the overindulgence (I ate guacamole in huge amounts every day for 9 days!), and it involves drinking 6 medical food shakes a day, lots of water... and that's all, for 7 days. Two more days to go. I hope I make it. Right now my biggest cat is beginning to resemble an oven-roasted turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has a part of her yard fenced off and she made that into a vegetable garden. That’s the only way she could keep her dog from eating the veggies.

    The magic laptop sounds like a dream. I want one too. I want one that would connect to my brain and all I would have to do is think of what I want written and the words would magically appear on the screen because my brain works a lot faster than my typing fingers. I could get so much more writing done that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going for a run is sometimes my favorite part of the day. Sometimes I let my mind wander, but most of the time, I'm brainstorming ideas for my current WiP or talking to a character in my head trying to nail down her voice. That way, I feel like I'm actually working while I'm working out! Good luck getting back to your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Great list again this week!

    I wish the delivery men would magically decide to deliver the washing machine...now. right now. maybe now. NOW. Awe...nuts.

    Okay, new wish: All the forks in the house to reappear.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still hoping for that Bugatti!
    And teleportation. Guess I wouldn't need the fast car then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, a magic laptop...sounds wonderful, sigh..Um and dude, a personal trainer? I have an old friend I haven't talked to in years that is a personal trainer. I'm thinking of giving her a call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh - I love 1 & 2 - can I steal those for my wishes? I'd also like to be able to eat all I want over the holidays without gaining weight. Perhaps #2 would help that wish along...

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the world to make sense, basically, as always.

    ReplyDelete