Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Time Skipper - Wouldn't it be great to have a little dial that moved us forward in time? Dental appointment? Hit the dial and you're on the other side - cavity filled, root canal done. I have a test next week that I'm not looking forward to. I haven't liked any of the medical tests recently, to tell you the truth. But next week? The worst so far. You know it's bad when you aren't concerned about the results, you're just concerned about getting through the test. That's me. Hence the Time Skipper. I could fast forward just before the test to that evening when I'm at home, relaxing, recouping, watching whatever I feel like on TV to distract myself. Time Skippers would get us through those awkward moments - that speech you don't want to give, that meeting you've been dreading, that party joke that fell flat...right through it.

My Time Skipper design is simple, but stylish (see above). It's easily disguised as a kitchen timer! This way no one knows what we're up to!






2) A Home Gym - I used to be a workoutaholic (totally a word!). I love the burn, the sweat, the results when I'm zipping up those jeans. Sigh. We used to live a few blocks from the gym, which was perfect. The parking lot is small so we walked. I would go six days a week. The seventh day was for hiking. Then we moved. Small parking lot, long drive. Not worth it. We canceled the membership. But I miss the classes - kickboxing, spinning, yoga. Okay, I don't miss yoga. I keep trying to take it and love it because I'm supposed to but about five minutes into a class I remember why I hate it (it hurts and I'm bored). Walking Lily twice a day burns nothing. Two hours, no burn = 40 pounds that I need to lose. That's right FOUR-ZERO. We canceled the gym membership. Have you seen the cost of gym memberships?? They went WAY up. We were paying $19 a month for both of us where we were. It's astronomical. And classes? Expensive. They add up at $10/class. If I want to take 3 classes a week, that's $30 a week/$120 a month and more in a year than I want to think about. So a home gym - simple. Just a spin bike, an elliptical and a treadmill. I'll hook Lily up while I'm on the elliptical. I'll unhook her and jump on the Spin bike. Oh, a killer weight set too. I have small hand weights but I want a bench - the kind you can do leg presses and curls, sit ups, etc. on!

Does a Personal Trainer come WITH my home gym? Wait, this is my wish - of course it does!!!

3) Magic Table - Picture Hogwarts. You sit down and food magically appears. An entire vegan feast! When you're done, everything disappears. Then yummy vegan dessert appears (or whatever kind my guests desire!). Glasses are always FULL! How cool would that be? I wouldn't abuse it. I would only use it for guests and at dinnertime twice a week or so. I'm willing to cook the rest of the time. But I reserve the right to use it seven days a week if I want to in the future.

What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday?



7 comments:

  1. OK sign me up for the magic table. Even though I love to cook, that's just more time gained back for writing!

    I think I wished for this last week but I'll wish for it again: no more snow!! We're in the midst of another storm now. The good part is I'm working from home today. But there's more to shovel and nowhere to put it. And they are calling for two more storms over the next week. Will it ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic table would be awesome. I am a gym goer but I live close and I'm sure if I lived farther I would want more home gym equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that four magic tables! And a lifetime (okay, probably won't need that much) supply of driving lessons, gratis. Oh, and free train tickets and oyster card top-ups for a year so I can go to London and maybe even, gasp, back to Canterbury to see my uni friends. I seem to have a theme of 'I want to go places!' this week.
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennie, you hit the JACKPOT of ideas with this post. I want that magically loaded table, and maybe the time skipper too--although hey, those boring times are often an opportunity to slow down, or ponder your latest novel. Or experience stress so you know what it feels like when you write a stressful scene. LOL

    I wouldn't ever exercise if I had to go to a gym. Getting dressed, driving down there, spending the $$$$--ugh. I try to do my own workouts, although I need to do them longer and more frequently. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Wed. full of wishes I share with you!!! SNAP that table sounds so awesome! Definitely need a home gym right about now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a home gym for sure. Gym memberships are crazy expensive. Also, magic table....WHERE ARE YOU! I NEED YOU, Like so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted a time skipper for years! One that would let me linger in some moments and skip others altogether :)

    ReplyDelete