Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Healing for Japan - My heart breaks as the number of dead rises, as we see the heartbreaking pictures of the total devastation. The news was with an older man searching for his sister and brother-in-law - I cried with him as he took in the piles of houses. Piles. Like they were matchsticks discarded. Mother Nature is amazing. For those who are still alive but have lost everything - how do you start over again? Where do you even begin? My thoughts and prayers are with them still.

2) A Magic Finger - I want to be able to zap people. Just a little jolt. Not just people, though. Little dogs. Poor Lily got bit again tonight. Sigh. I could have used that magic finger when that little maltipoo charged her and bit her on the rump. Since everyone who doesn't know how to use a flexileash walks their little biters on them, I want a magic finger. To protect my dog.

It would come in handy in several situations - traffic (if you're on your cell phone and the light is green but you aren't going, I could give you a jolt), the mall (if you're being rude to a cashier and I'm behind you in line - look out!), the hubster (I think he'd learn pretty quickly not to disagree with me!)...what do you think?

3) Laptop Fan - If you have a laptop that runs hot, like mine, this is a gift from the gods. Seriously. Nutschell recommended that I get one so The Hubster bought me one for Christmas. It just quit working. I miss it already. It limits my time on the laptop considerably, which limits my time with The Hubster when I'm writing. So I'll be dashing over to Fry's tomorrow to pick one up!


What about you - what are your wishes for our little magical cat this week?

9 comments:

  1. Instead of a laptop fan, I have a lapdesk! I LOVE my lapdesk. I can't even write or be on my computer without it anymore -- makes me hate school when I can't bring it. Well I could, but then I'd look like a WEIRDO.

    OMG your magic zap finger had me laughing out loud! So awesome. but poor lily. Did you give the little biter a swift kick? He deserves it!

    I have no idea how you start over after you've suffered devastation like that. My heart breaks for Japan.

    I wish I had more time. I haven't been sleeping. None of my projects are finished. I have an essay due in 8 hours I haven't even started but my brain is already so fried I can barely function. Next week is going to be even worse than this week. I wish my teachers realized I was a human being and not a robot that could deal with this and I wish I had another week of no school so I could get everything done and not kill myself in the process! Rant OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZAP! Love it. Zappy finger would rock. Until you accidentally zapped yourself...
    Great wishes as usual. Poor Lily!!! I hope you gave that dog a good yelling at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m with you on the healing for Japan.

    Also, I wish for a smarter brain. I want brilliant plot twists to come at me. I’m in the middle of a rewrite because my plot lacked intrigue, but there are some stale scenes that need ump but I can’t seem to come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes, and my laptop has a very loud fan. I guess it's a good thing... Hadn't really thought about it before. :D

    scratch Weds for me--I'm tired of waiting~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I want a zappy finger! I want to zap horrible patrons through the phone.

    Oh yes, I feel ya about the laptop. We've had this discussion before, but yeah...hot laptops suck.

    Stupid yappy dogs. Hope Lily is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Wednesday! I'm wishing for the construction next door to wrap up, and soon. I was woken up way too early today to banging and shouting, and now I have a headache.

    Hmmm... maybe that zappy finger would come in handy. It sure would be entertaining, aiming it at the construction guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told you that laptop fan rocks. Hope you get one soon. I'm pretty sure you'll need it especially this coming summer when the heat starts rising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A zapping finger would be awesome! I think I'd like it better if people didn't know it was me zapping them, though, because I'm super non-confrontational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all your wishes, but I gotta say....that magic finger would certainly come in handy in the mornings!!!!

    ReplyDelete