Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!


My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) Dillon - My poor nephew is terrified about starting school today. He's been so worried that he's not sleeping well. It's all he has talked about for two months now. I just want his first day to go astonishingly well. I want him to make instant friends, the teacher to fall as in love with him as we are and for him to want to go back again on Thursday (and the rest of the school year!).

2) A Magic Traveler's Mug - It fills with whatever beverage I want at the moment! All I have to do is SAY it! How cool would that be? So, on my way to teach tomorrow morning, I could say SKINNY VANILLA LATTE! because it's hot out at the moment and that would be a great way to wake up while cooling down. Then, in the afternoon while I'm running errands, I could say ICED GREEN TEA! and there it would be full of ice, sweating so that it's cool to the touch and overflowing with yummy green tea. Or even iced water! Whatever I want. How perfect would that be?!?

3) Mountains - I am such a mountain girl. When I'm up in the mountains, I feel such peace. When I'm gone from them, I feel stressed out. I told Erik this week we have to move to Washington. Oregon was my first choice until driving through it we realized that I'd need a prescription for sudafed and Erik wouldn't be able to pump his own gas. (Lily votes for Oregon, though. Everywhere we went, someone gave her a cookie. The dog gained almost 5 pounds in that state.) But I need green hills and pine trees and fresh air and trails to hike high up into lakes! It would be great in the meantime, though, if I could just open the front door and see this:











What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. Hope Dillon had a good day.
    Glad you're back, Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOVE TO WASHINGTON! How great would that be?

    Is it typical in the US for school to start in August? In Canada school doesn't start till after Labor Day.

    My Wednesday wish: to get more sleep. I really need 8 hours a night to feel normal, and I think I've been averaging around 5.

    ReplyDelete