Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:


1) Weather Button - Or even a magical hat that controls the weather wherever I am! That's it...the HAT instead. It won't do me any good to have a weather button in this house if I have to teach a half hour away. We have perfect weather this weekend - overcast in the mornings so we could hike Lily and then it burned off for about 77 degree afternoons. Just gorgeous. Today, it's 94 degrees. Too hot to walk her. Too hot when I have to roll my cart across the campus to get from one classroom to another. I had two upstairs with no elevator. That was fun! My last class had no air conditioning (the unit broke weeks ago and they're going to try to go without fixing until they absolutely have to next year sometime). Fun times. I can't imagine how hard it is for a room full of sweaty 5th graders to pay attention, but they managed to. They were even excited about the game. But how nice it would have been to roll in with my magical hat and take that classroom down 20 degrees for all of us! See, it's not just a selfish wish. I'd be helping out everyone with my magical weather hat!

2) Hiking Partner - I'm visiting my mom and I would love to do a morning hike tomorrow! However, the area that I want to hike is not safe to go alone (mountain lion - yikes!). I put out a last minute plea on Facebook and would love to have someone join me so fingers crossed one of my friends comes through!

3) A home for Bug - He and his brother (dog) and cat siblings found themselves without a home after their mom died suddenly and unexpectedly last week. He's a very well behaved one year old male dog who is confused by this sudden turn of events. It always kills me when dogs and cats end up at the shelter through the death of their caregiver. So many people write off shelter dogs as someone else's problems when they're really there through no fault of their own - bad owners who didn't make a lifetime commitment, owners who didn't secure their yards (dogs don't always find their way home, you know) or death of their caregiver. Very, very sad. I'm wishing really hard for Bug and his four legged siblings. They aren't looking for homes together - they'd be happy to go their different ways as long as they got homes. So my hardest wish this week is for them.




What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. Look at the fluffy and the big eyes! I'm far too lazy to get a dog (daily walks in the rain would not be fun), but you're making me wish I wasn't.

    Huh, being less lazy aka being more active isn't a bad wish. Plus it's open-ended and could apply to lots of things. So that's one. I wish that my 30 Pitches in 30 Days Blogfest would spark an awesome idea for NaNoWriMo, otherwise I'll be missing out on that fun again. And I'd like to spice up my writing space if not my whole room, so the willingness to actually spend some money, to make a decision re: keeping or giving away my sewing desk, and some familial support would be good. Thanks, Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are SO cute!
    I really, really wish for a weather button too, right now. It's festival season here and the rain's playing such a spoilsport *grumble*

    I also wish to get paid quick cos there are lotsa books that I want to buy.
    Plus, I wish my Muse would stop playing games with me right now.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your empathy for the pets in the pound. And what a cute dog you've highlighted in your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Bug! That's awful. I hope everything works out for them! And I hope you get that weather hat soon--that would solve so many problems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's so sad. All my Wednesday wishes go to Bug and his pals.

    I rescued one of my dogs from the pound when he was 9. I worried he'd be too old to settle with new owners, but he's 14 now and has given us so much love, fun and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope Bug and his buddies find homes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, so you want COMPANY for when you get attacked by the mountain lion, eh? Haha. What a cute li'l woofie photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, bug is SO CUTE!!! And yikes! Mtn Lions! Jenny! Well, I tell ya. It's been cold and rainy for 10 days here. I'd gladly send some cool breezes your way if possible...

    And I can't believe I missed Weds again. I've got soo many wishes right now~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete