Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1) NaNo Success - Here's to wishing all my NaNoing friends success this month! My goal is 2,000 words a day. It's a struggle to focus at the moment, but as I start to feel better I'm sure that will change! I started NaNo sick last year too. It's becoming a trend. Hopefully, I can buck that trend next year!

2) Steam It - I love steam mops. LOVE. I'm always looking at new ones. They steam my floors without chemicals and they're quick and easy! I've got my eyes on this Oreck at the moment. It's perfect for my little anal retentive cleaning heart. It will reach the ceilings. It can steam the walls. It will do the shower (where I'm still using chemicals and it would be lovely to eliminate them). I really, really want it. I just don't want to spend $179.99 on it. No matter how many payments they give me. Maybe Santa will bring it to me. Or the price will drop. I want it!

3) Exercise - This pneumonia is rough stuff. I haven't worked out in over three weeks and I'm a girl who loves her exercise. I'm dying to run at the track or do an hour of kickboxing. At the moment, I'm only able to do slow, ambling walks with Lily. I want to be able to exercise again. Hardcore exercise. My body needs it. My mind needs it. So please can I start amping it up?


What about you - what are your wishes for Wednesday our magical cat?

Bear with me - between the illness and NaNo, I'm struggling to catch up with everyone's blog! If I haven't been by yet, I'm getting there!

10 comments:

  1. You're awesome as ever even when you're busy with NaNo and an illness! Clearly you're a rockstar!

    Man Alex's book looks awesome on your sidebar by the way!

    Hmm, my wishes. To make the week continue to fly by so vacation is around the corner!!! WOOHOO!!!

    To give me some good luck on the second short story I sent out yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking on NaNo even with pneumonia-- hardcore! Glad you're starting to feel somewhat better, and good luck with NaNo.

    I wish for continued motivation to explore this possible outline thing I'm working on, and that I'll settle on a story by the end of the year (or month). And I'd like another fun night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie, I'm so glad you're back!! Missed, missed, you were so missed. I'm so sorry you've been ill. Wishing you the quickest recovery. Ambling sucks when you want to soar. You are, as Jen says, officially a rockstar for kicking pneumonia and now kicking NaNo. Sending love and well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie, I'm so glad you're feeling better and attempting NaNo! I found you again this week listed as a writing buddy from last year. I hope you continue to get better and I'm cheering for you to reach your NaNo goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you have pneumonia! I hope it gets better soon--I know how frustrating it is not being able to exercise! Good luck with NaNo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pneumonia!--no fun. Hope you can get back to your normal exercising self soon. That would drive me nutso too. Best of luck as you pour out all those words for NaNo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon, Jennie :(

    I'm wishing for NaNo success as well, although that really is just wishful thinking because I'm just a naturally slow writer. Plus, I seem to be running outta luck these days.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking I sure hope you're feeling better. Pneumonia IS tough stuff, and no joke. Rest and take care of yourself. You'll be back to running soon~ ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late for Wednesday wishes! Ack! Sounds like you might be feeling a teeny, tiny bit better? Or did I just jinx you?

    My Wednesday wish (assuming it's not too late) is to not die tomorrow. I'm flying to Toronto and I really hate flying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great blog!!! Your comment on the half sunglasses have made me laugh so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing story!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete