Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1)  Blink -

 How cute is this dog?!?!  Without getting into the specifics on why Breed Specific Legislation is beyond dumb, just know that Blink was sentenced to DIE because 7 out of 9 people at the shelter judged her to be a "pit bull". 
She weighs 17 pounds. 

Full grown. 

She's definitely got some Boston Terrier in her.  Maybe some Frenchie.  I can even see a little Chihuahua. 

But pit?  Um, no. 


She would be dead if BAD RAP hadn't scooped her up.  She's now looking for her forever home. 

I want her in mine. 

The Hubster is saying no. The cats are agreeing with the Hubster. 





But my gosh, how do you say no to that face?!
So, wish number one is for Blink.

 
2)  Magic Car - Like the bus on Harry Potter!  I want to be able to squeeze through all the traffic.  When I teach in South Central, a mere 12 to 15 miles from my house via the freeway, it can take me an hour and a half to get there in the mornings.  Can you imagine how frustrating that is?  I am not a morning person.  I have to get up super extra early to...sit in traffic and inch forward.  If I had that magic car, I could squeeze between the trucks and cars and buses and get there in the 20 minutes that it SHOULD take me.  So that magic car.  I'll even loan it to you on the days that I'm not teaching south of my home.

 
3)  Beach Cabin - Not to buy.  To rent.  I'm trying to put together a fun girlz who write weekend, but every cabin that I find from SoCal up the Oregon Coast is booked, booked, booked solid through the end of the year.  There has to be one that I'm missing.  Somewhere.  May I find it soon enough to book it.  And if you want to come, let me know.  It's just going to be a weekend of fun and writing.  Sometimes we need to get away.  Nothing like fellowship and the beach to inspire us!

 
What about you - what are your wishes for our magic cat this week?

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Blink is such a cutie! Poor thing. Your commute sounds awful! I hope you figure out that magic car soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girl! I hope some lucky family finds her.

    My Wednesday wish? To feel like I've slept enough. SO TIRED these days, it's ridiculous. A little bit of energy that isn't completely caffeine-fueled would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, look at the face!

    I'm wishing that my new shoes don't kill my feet, that I have an awesome afternoon tomorrow, and to hear from a friend soon, particularly asking me to hang out again.

    ReplyDelete