Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Wishes

This is Wednesday leaning out of her cat tree. She may look like just your average gray tabby cat, but she has many skills. Most of these skills, she uses for The Good. Okay, 'most' might be a slight exaggeration. Wednesday is a good little kitty, though, at heart. She loves her family, loves her sisters, loves annoying those sisters and she also loves to grant wishes. Every Wednesday morning, I will rub the side of the cat house and summon our magic cat!

My Wednesday Wishes for the week:

1)  Magic Desk - I had to run out to Staples this afternoon because we're out of pens.  Not just my favorites, but all of them.  See that little grey cat up there?  She's a pen hoarder.  When I vacuum under the furniture, I will frequently find a plethora of them.  She doesn't just bat them under furniture, though.  She'll hide them in her tree, in the closets, wherever her latest "spot" is.  Suffice it to say, I couldn't find a single one and I wasn't about to move the couch and clean the lint off one.  If I had a magic desk - each drawer assigned a different task - Wednesday and I would both be happy!  We would never run out of pens, post-its, highlighters, paper, printer cartridges, checks, paper clips, binder clips...the list would be endless!  So, Magic Desk please!

2)  Another day like yesterday - The weather was PERFECT.  It was 66 degrees out and sunny.  I whine a lot (A LOT) about springing forward because I really hate to lose that hour, but what a difference it makes when the weather cooperates and The Hubster gets off work early.  We did the BEST hike with Lily and her boyfriend Bubba.  Lily RAN.  RAN.  She does not run when it's hot out.  She won't be able to do this hike (or any hike) by May.  It was so perfect.  Lots of hills, great cardio workout, the good kind of sore at the end of the day.  I want at least one day a week like this for the next two months! 

3)  A Penguin - Okay, I know that I can't have one in real life, but I've been addicted to the Penguin cam at Sea World.  Yesterday, they were lined up for a fish.  Actually LINED up.  And one of the Emperor Penguins kept leaning to the side to peek around the others as if to say "What's the hold up here?"  So adorable.  I love watching them pop out of the water and turn around and dive right back in too. 



What about you - what are your wishes for our magical cat?

4 comments:

  1. To get through this day without screwing up. For these friendships I've been trying to establish to work out/flourish. To find luuurve. Hey, if I don't even put the idea out there, why be surprised when nothing happens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a perfect sunny day! I hope you get more of them! I'm wishing for a few more productive days--this first draft is so close to being done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would a stuffed Opus do instead of a real penguin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, cats are so wicked. I love it. And yay for perfect weather!

    ReplyDelete